Friday, October 23, 2015

Scotty Hill

I've been trying to keep things about my personal life away from this blog as of late, but I feel that this needs a more widespread audience.
If you haven't been on my personal blog in the past couple of days, then you probably haven't heard about my best friend's little brother, Scotty. I encourage you to read my post by clicking here, but if not, here's the shortened version.

Scotty was out 4-wheeling a couple of night ago on October 21st, and got into a very serious accident. He passed away before the paramedics could get to him. Scotty was only 10 years old.

I have been very close to the family for a number of years now, but I didn't meet Scotty until earlier this month on an impromptu camping trip out near Logandale, NV. My best friend Josh is Scotty's older half-brother, with the same father and different mothers. Josh's mother just passed away a couple of months ago in early August.

I've been wracking my brain for a couple of days to try and figure out how I could help the family out, even in some small way since I don't get to see them too much any more. Then I remembered the rather large TG community, and the pretty sizable following I have on this blog. I would like to encourage all of you to donate to the cause, if even just a dollar, to help out. As of my posting this, $180 has been raised.

If you would like to donate to Scotty's memorial fund, you are encouraged to do so by clicking here. Anything and everything is greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. My deepest condolences to the family, Addie. And your best friend, Josh, especially! (not that I expect you'll convey them directly as I doubt even your best friend would understand from whence/whom they're being extended.) Simply that some "people you know" have expressed their sympathies will suffice.

    For him, and his family, to have suffered such losses in so short a time is truly tragic, and I do hope that your caring presence helps to sooth his grief and lift his spirit. So, know that your readers' prayers, hopes, wishes, thoughts for comfort and healing go out to them through you, dear.

    May your Love & Kindness bring them Peace;
    Elle

    ReplyDelete